Saturday, October 02, 2004

Here's to feeling better

I'm not too sure where to begin this evening... The day started out with inventory of the store at the park. I made it through inventory, but my ears felt like they were going to burst and my face had so much pressure behind it that I couldn't concentrate on anything but the pain. After 2 miserable hours I called it quits and headed to the doctor. It took a couple of hours to make it through the urgent care, but I ended up with a diagnosis of a sinus infection and a prescription for antibiotics and flonase. Here's to feeling better. I'm hoping that happens very soon.

I thought about going back to work because there is so much to do right now, but that thought was fleeting. Instead I went home and curled up on the sofa. I drifted in and out of sleep, but woke up enough to watch an Oprah that really resonated with me. I felt glued to the seat. Couldn't stop crying over the whole show... that's another story for another time though.

Around 5:30 I got the bright idea to try and get ticket to this evening's 7:30pm Disney on Ice show. I should have thought about it much earlier. Poor planning on my part. By that time, the only tickets left were at the box office or at a ticket master outlet, none by phone or internet. I wasn't ambitious enough to go to one of the outlets or drive the 45 minutes to the venue to try to find tickets. Not feeling the way I felt anyway. Instead, I opted for a walk to the Blockbuster with the kids and we rented a few movies. We stopped and got chicken nuggets for their dinner. (I wasn't particularly hungry) When we got home, we started the movie. Scooby Doo 2, ate the chicken nuggets, and made a milkshake for dessert. Yummy!

That was pretty much it for the day. Talked with the neighbors for a little bit. Contemplated what my weekend plans were going to be also. Seems some of them have fallen through. I was a little dissapointed about that, but it saves money on the babysitting. The prices are outrageous! Mom would do it for free of course, but I don't like asking her too often. Well, no matter what happens over the weekend, I still have a concert to look forward to on Sunday night at the State Fair. It will be a long drive up to Richmond by myself, but I'm looking forward to it, and the concert is one that I've wanted to see for quite a while. That should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home