Wednesday, September 29, 2004

A piece of a@!

Scott and I came up with this title during this evening's sailing race. (My apologies Scott, for using it before you could... there is always Lizards and Gizzards though ;)

Anyway, as I was saying, tonight was the final sailboat race of the year. I was pretty excited about it all day. Took off work a couple of hours early so I could make it. Called my dad to let him know I was coming. An hour after that he called back to say the boat had a full crew and I wasn't needed. Talk about a bummer! It sounded like I was being blown off, and I'm not sure where that came from, but I decided to go to the pier anyway. I figured the worst thing that could happen was I'd be told in person that there was no room, in which case I'd go to the store and spend some time looking at/for things I don't really need.

When I got to the pier, they were just about to pull away. I commented that they looked a bit full, but most of them said nonsense... that there was always room for one more. So I got to go sailing after all. I wasn't in the greatest mood though because of the earlier exchange with my dad. I felt pretty self-conscious the whole evening and somewhat useless. I was 'assigned' to the rail because the more experienced/aggressive crew was available to handle everything else. Ah well... I suppose the most important thing was I got to go sailing and drink beer with a few good friends.

Afterwards, as is our ritual, I went to dinner with Greg and Scott. My treat this time.I love the Silver Plate Diner's vegetarian chili! I'm not a big fan of chili usually, but I think I could live on that chili and be happy for a very long time. Afterwards, we went to Barnes and Noble. I replaced some of my outdated field guides and purchased some light Pharmacology reading material. Always fun to study up on anticholinergics, beta blockers, calcium channel blockers and such. Gotta brush up on my cardiac algorithms and other important meds if I'm going to keep my EMT I cert and regain my paramedic. I still can't believe I let it lapse!

Hmmm, I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open and my fingers coordinated to type this. I think it would be best for me to stop now and continue tomorrow or Friday. Maybe then I'll be able to think a little more clearly and offer more than the basics of my day. I actually did have a pretty nice conversation while I was out on the boat... but am too tired to consider it here at the moment.

To the one person I know reads this and anyone else who happens by: goodnight and sleep well!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I used the same title,only with *'s for the s's. I didn't post much tonight, wasn't in the mood. Tomorrow I will be in blackwater, so I won't get to post until later. Anyway, I'm off ot bed, so I hope you sleep well, too!

Scott

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home