Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Wednesday Night Sailing

Today was beautiful. I had the day off, third in a row. Spent most of my day cleaning and cooking. I actually had dinner prepared and dessert waiting when my daughter got off the school bus. Might not sound like a big deal... but for me it definitely was. I almost never have time to do these things, so it would have been nice to have someone show appreciation. I was pretty disappointed when she said she didn't want to eat it and would rather play with her friend. It wasn't a gourmet dinner or anything... definitely kid friendly. I actually resorted to a guilt trip to get her to sit and eat with me.

Went sailing tonight. It was a nice night out, but the boat was overpowered in the 27 knot winds. We only had the head sail up. Didn't get a chance to put the main up, even with a reef. There was no committee boat tonight, so no official race... but 2 of the most competitive boats were out there and staged their own impromptu race. We joined them, but called it quits just before the end when the wind kicked up some more. Wasn't worth staying out there. Got back to the marina early. Greg, Scott and I went out for our weekly dinner, Bay Pointe Marina this time. Good food and interesting conversation... I'm glad it was an early night though, I'm actually tired now. First time in weeks that I think I'll get to sleep before midnight.

Oh, I have a new camera now. I liked Scott's camera so much, I had to get the same one for myself. As soon as I figure out all the features I'll add some of the pictures to the log.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the hardware store and get something to help me remove wallpaper. I'm also going to choose paint for the living room and kitchen. I've been thinking about doing this for months, but haven't gotten around to doing it. Now that I've put it in writing somewhere, I'm going to accomplish it.

Well... I'm going to get some sleep. I'm so excited about being tired, I probably won't be able to sleep anyway. How's that for irony?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home